This week our beloved university turned 100. It was fun and yet another opportunity for us to all wear purple and gold for the week. I ❤ our school spirit. It's one of my favorite things about JMU.
So, my top ten favorite memories:
10) free snowcones on Wednesday
9) free cotton candy on Thursday
8) free ice cream on Friday
7) free birthday cupcakes on Friday
6) the commissioned Orchestral piece "Portraits in Bluestone"
5) Virginia's Governor Tim Kaine's speech at the Convocation
4) the painted Duke Dog display
3) the new James Madison statue
2) the giant inflatable Duke Dog
1) the giant human 100 shot from an airplane
Our birthday in photos. Enjoy!