Whole Roasted Cauliflower and Whipped Goat Cheese
- 1 head cauliflower, whole, stem trimmed and leaves removed
- 2 1/2 cups dry white wine
- 1/3 cup olive oil plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- Coarse sea salt (for serving)
- Heat oven to 475° F. Bring wine, oil, salt, lemon juice, butter, red pepper flakes, sugar, bay leaf, and 8 cups water to a boil in a large pot.
- Carefully lower in cauliflower, reduce heat, and simmer, turning occasionally, until a knife easily inserts into center, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Using 2 slotted spoons or a mesh strainer or spider, transfer cauliflower to a rimmed baking sheet or roasting pan, draining well.
- Roast, rotating pan halfway through, until brown all over, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Transfer cauliflower to a plate. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with sea salt. Serve with whipped goat cheese (recipe below).
Whipped Goat Cheese
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 3 ounces feta cheese
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil plus more for serving
- Blend goat cheese, cream cheese, feta, cream, and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a food processor until smooth; season with sea salt.
- Transfer whipped goat cheese to a serving bowl and drizzle with olive oil.
- Note: Whipped goat cheese can be made one day ahead. Cover and chill in the refrigerator.