Cranberry-Peach Cobbler with Honey Bourbon Whipped Cream
For the cobbler
- 2 cups of sliced peaches
- 1/2 cup of dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup of melted butter
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 3/4 cups of granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cups of milk
*NOTE: Feel free to use frozen peaches if fresh aren’t available. Pears might also be an excellent alternative in the fall.
For the whipped cream
- 1/2 pint of heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp of bourbon
- 2 Tbsp honey
- sprinkle of ground nutmeg
- Preheat your oven to 325.
- Add the melted butter to the bottom of a baking or pie dish.
- Mix the peaches and cranberries together and add on top of the melted butter.
- In a mixing bowl mix the flour, sugar, baking soda and milk together to for a batter.
- Pour the batter over the peaches.
- Bake at 325 for 45 minutes.
- About 15 minutes before the cobbler is done prepare your whipped topping.
- Add the whipping cream, honey and bourbon to a mixing bowl and whip until the cream forms peaks.
- Serve the cobbler warm and watch the cream melt over the top.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of ground nutmeg.