Seared Asian Steak and Mushrooms on Mixed Greens with Ginger Dressing
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 4 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Asian chili-garlic sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 2 teaspoons Asian sesame oil, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 12-ounce rib-eye steaks
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 8 ounces crimini (baby bella) mushrooms, quartered
- 8 cups mixed greens
- Mix soy sauce, rice vinegar, 1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil, minced ginger, chili-garlic sauce, and 1/8 teaspoon sesame oil in small bowl. Add cilantro and stir to blend.Set dressing aside.
- Rub 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil over each side of each rib-eye steak. Sprinkle steaks with salt, pepper, and toasted sesame seeds; press firmly to adhere. Heat2 teaspoons vegetable oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; sauté until browned, about8 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer sautéed mushrooms to plate. Add 1 teaspoon vegetable oil and1 teaspoon sesame oil to skillet; heat over medium-high heat. Add steaks; cook to desired doneness, 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer steaks to cutting board. Slice steaks. Toss mixed greens with dressing in large bowl; divide greens among plates. Top with steak slices and mushrooms and serve.