See above, you may switch a large sweet potato for the two potatoes, and you may add sea salt but I never do since it already has 410mg of sodium. THE POTATOES ARE NOT BAKED AHEAD OF TIME….that is just a sparkpeople ingredient. grate the potatoes, skin and all, uncooked. The sunflower seeds are best if soaked overnight.
1) Grind Sunflower seeds in food processor with 1/4 cup water until it becomes a thick, smooth paste (not dry)(Use a bit more water if needed).
2) Add flour, nutritional yeast, basil, oregano, sage and fine grey sea salt. Mix well.
3) Set aside in a stainless steel bowl.
4) In blender, puree onions, garlic and tamari, adding small amounts of water as necessary to make a smooth paste. Add to mixture.
5) Add potatoes, olive oil and lemon juice. Mix well.
6) Pour into well oiled pan and bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 min.until top is golden brown.
7) Allow to cool, then cut and refrigerate.
8) Cut 4 x 4 to make 16 pieces.
* This pate freezes well, just pre-wrap separate chunks with wax paper for ease of removal.
Number of Servings: 15