- 41/2 boneless chicken breasts
- 3 cans chicken broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 16 ozs frozen corn
- 1 can black beans
- 1 red pepper (chopped)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 11/2 tsps garlic powder
- 11/2 tsps cumin
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup rice
Here are a few variations:
- use both red and green peppers, or just a green pepper
- use a can of diced tomatoes with green chilis
- use canned corn, instead of frozen
- use kidney beans or red beans
- skip the rice
- skip the chicken and use a variety of beans to make it meatless
- top with cheddar, Monterey Jack or pepper Jack cheese
- Place all ingredients, except rice in slow cooker.
- Cook on high 5-6 hours or low 7-8 hours.
- Add rice 1-2 hours before serving.