- 500g Kent pumpkin, peeled, seeded, cut into 1cm pieces
- 2 large zucchini, cut into 1cm pieces
- 225g pearl couscous
- 1 chorizo, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 60ml (1/4 cup) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Step 1
Preheat oven to 200C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Spread the pumpkin and zucchini on the tray. Spray with oil and season. Roast for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Step 2
Meanwhile, cook the couscous in a saucepan of boiling water for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Stir in the chorizo for 3-5 minutes or until golden.
- Step 3
Combine the couscous, pumpkin, zucchini, chorizo and coriander in a large bowl. Whisk the lemon juice, oil and paprika in a jug. Season. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently to combine.
Lemon and Artichoke Couscous with Shrimp
- 2-1/4 cups less-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups Israeli (pearl) couscous
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 can (14 ounces) artichoke quarters, drained
- 1 pound 26-30 count peeled and deveined shrimp, tails removed, patted dry
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup shaved Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- In medium saucepot, bring broth to boil over medium-high heat. Stir in couscous. Reduce heat to medium; cook 8 to 10 minutes or until couscous is tender. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and shallot; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add artichokes, shrimp, black pepper and red pepper flakes; cook until shrimp turn opaque throughout, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, lemon zest, dill, parsley and couscous; toss until well combined. Serve in warm bowls garnished with cheese.