Extra-virgin olive oil
3 links hot Italian sausage, removed from the casing and crumbled
1 red bell pepper, 1/4-inch dice
1 yellow bell pepper, 1/4-inch dice
1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
12 eggs, beaten with 1/4 cup water
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Coat a nonstick 10-inch saute pan with olive oil. Add the sausage and brown. Add the peppers and saute until they are soft.
In a bowl, add the Parmigiano to the beaten eggs and season lightly with salt. Using a heat-proof rubber spatula, stir the eggs into the pan with the sausage and peppers. Stir the eggs to evenly distribute the sausage and peppers throughout the eggs. Once the eggs set on the bottom and around the sides of the pan, place the pan in the preheated oven for 7 to 8 minutes or until the eggs are cooked through. Remove from the pan. Cut into wedges and serve hot or a room temperature.
Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sausage-and-pepper-frittata-recipe.html?oc=linkback
- 500g Kent pumpkin, peeled, seeded, cut into 1cm pieces
- 2 large zucchini, cut into 1cm pieces
- 225g pearl couscous
- 1 chorizo, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 60ml (1/4 cup) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Step 1
Preheat oven to 200C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Spread the pumpkin and zucchini on the tray. Spray with oil and season. Roast for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Step 2
Meanwhile, cook the couscous in a saucepan of boiling water for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Stir in the chorizo for 3-5 minutes or until golden.
- Step 3
Combine the couscous, pumpkin, zucchini, chorizo and coriander in a large bowl. Whisk the lemon juice, oil and paprika in a jug. Season. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently to combine.
Lemon and Artichoke Couscous with Shrimp
- 2-1/4 cups less-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups Israeli (pearl) couscous
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 can (14 ounces) artichoke quarters, drained
- 1 pound 26-30 count peeled and deveined shrimp, tails removed, patted dry
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup shaved Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- In medium saucepot, bring broth to boil over medium-high heat. Stir in couscous. Reduce heat to medium; cook 8 to 10 minutes or until couscous is tender. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and shallot; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add artichokes, shrimp, black pepper and red pepper flakes; cook until shrimp turn opaque throughout, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, lemon zest, dill, parsley and couscous; toss until well combined. Serve in warm bowls garnished with cheese.
- 41/2 boneless chicken breasts
- 3 cans chicken broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 16 ozs frozen corn
- 1 can black beans
- 1 red pepper (chopped)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 11/2 tsps garlic powder
- 11/2 tsps cumin
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup rice
Here are a few variations:
- use both red and green peppers, or just a green pepper
- use a can of diced tomatoes with green chilis
- use canned corn, instead of frozen
- use kidney beans or red beans
- skip the rice
- skip the chicken and use a variety of beans to make it meatless
- top with cheddar, Monterey Jack or pepper Jack cheese
- Place all ingredients, except rice in slow cooker.
- Cook on high 5-6 hours or low 7-8 hours.
- Add rice 1-2 hours before serving.
Use leftovers for sandwiches the next day. Place shredded chicken, garbanzos, and tomatoes in pita bread and top with yogurt sauce.
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
4 garlic cloves, pressed
1 tablespoon smoked paprika*
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
1/2 cup plain yogurt or Greek yogurt
4 chicken breast halves with bones
1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained
1 12-ounce container cherry tomatoes
1 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
Preheat oven to 450°F. Mix first 5 ingredients in medium bowl. Pour 1 teaspoon spiced oil mixture into small bowl; whisk in yogurt and set aside for sauce. Place chicken on large rimmed baking sheet. Rub 2 tablespoons spiced oil mixture over chicken. Add beans, tomatoes, and 1/2 cup cilantro to remaining spiced oil mixture; toss to coat. Pour bean mixture around chicken. Sprinkle everything generously with salt and pepper.
Roast until chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cilantro. Transfer chicken to plates. Spoon bean mixture over. Serve with yogurt sauce.
*Sometimes labeled Pimentón Dulce or Pimentón de La Vera Dulce; available at some supermarkets, at specialty foods stores, and from tienda.com.